This post is a sticky post to track the versions of MDT, mainly because they are called Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 and the filename is always MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2013_x64.msi. It’s not big and it’s not clever Microsoft! Please give us a clue.
So in the absence of any useful info, I’ve created a table to document it myself.
Versions of MDT
|1st December 2015||Microsoft Downloads||2013 Update 2||V6.3||v6.3.8330|
|21 October 2013||Microsoft Downloads||2013||v6.2||v6.2.5019.0|
|24 June 2013||Connect||2013 preview||v6.1.2?|
|19th September 2012||Microsoft Downloads||2012 Update 1||v6.1.1||v6.1.2373|
The list below is of previous versions that are not available for download and no longer supported by Microsoft.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1, September 2010 release.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 (RTW), September 2009 release.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 Update 1, September 2008 release
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008, March 2008 release
- Microsoft Deployment, November 2007 release
- Business Desktop Deployment 2007 Update 2, March 2008 release
- Business Desktop Deployment 2007 Patch 1, May 2007 release
- Business Desktop Deployment 2007, January 2007 release
- Business Desktop Deployment 2.5, August 2005 release
Info from <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2872000>
New features in 2013
- DISM cmdlets
- Enhanced storage
- Windows PowerShell 3.0 support
- .Net 4
- All asian languages moved here
- Remote NDIS
- Secure boot cmdlets
- Storage management cmdlets
- WinRE – added to TS
The short-link for this page is: http://wp.me/p42CKE-32